Saturday, July 19, 2014

John Singleton Mosby Book



I would like to take the opportunity to tell my readers about a book that I came across a few weeks ago. The book is entitled Gray Ghost: The Life of Colonel John Singleton Mosby by James Ramage. I only started reading the book a few days ago, but it is really good. Ramage goes into great detail about the life of Mosby. He tells of his early run ins with the law, and also about his love of literature. This book is also where I discovered the fact that Mosby looked up to Francis Marion. The book also tells of Mosby's early days in the army, being mentored by Jeb Stuart (the next blog post will deal with Stuart). Ramage, later in the book will go into detail about some of the movies that have been produced based on the life of John Singleton Mosby. The book also contains very rare pictures of Mosby and his family. I highly recommend this book. It should be available at most bookstores, and most likely on Amazon.

Stay tuned for more blog posts about tales from Tennessee and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment