Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Books on Guerrilla Warfare in the Civil War

Here are two new (new to me) books on Civil War guerrillas.



The book Inside War by Michael Fellman is a great book for anyone who wants to know more about guerrilla conflict in Missouri during the Civil War. This book looks at characters such as William Clarke Quantrill and Bloody Bill Anderson. Book is a bit older (published 1989) but is still very valuable for the history enthusiast. I was not aware of the book until one of my history professors at Tennessee Tech recommended it for my senior paper. I encourage everyone to go check it out.


The second book is entitled The UnCivil War by Robert Mackey. This book focuses on guerrilla warfare in the Upper South. One can expect to find mentions of Champ Ferguson, Tinker Dave Beatty, and John Hunt Morgan, among others. It is more recent then Inside War (published 2004). Again I had never heard of this book until the same professor from Tech told me about it. This is a good book as well, and is highly recommended!!


Stay tuned for more blog posts about tales from Tennessee and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment