Friday, May 30, 2014

Book on the War of 1812



Yesterday I did my first in a series of blog posts on the War of 1812. I got to thinking that some of my readers might be interested in this work by Donald R. Hickey. The book is entitled The War of 1812: A Forgotten Conflict. Hickey does a really good job outlining the events of the War of 1812. He includes maps of key battles and pictures of key people. I will warn you though, this book is almost like a textbook/reference book. It is perfect however for doing research. I highly recommend anyone who is interested in the War of 1812 to get a copy of this book. It is sold at most bookstores and on Amazon.com. This book like the ones that dealt with the guerrilla war are a must have for any history enthusiast's library.

Stay tuned for more blog posts about tales from Tennessee and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment